Robert Burlington is Managing Member and co-founder of the firm. In his more than 33 years of practice, he has litigated and tried to completion a wide variety of jury and non-jury trials in state and federal courts. These cases include business torts, commercial and real estate contract disputes, securities transactions, class actions, as well as many aspects of state and federal employment litigation. He has built his practice by assisting clients in formulating cost-effective litigation strategies and by providing outstanding and responsive service.
- Together with partner Jeffrey Crockett, successfully defended and secured the only jury acquittal of a central figure in one of the nation’s most notorious savings and loan failures.
- Won at jury trial and on appeal for major aircraft leasing company in defense of business tort claims.
- Won at trial court and on appeal in covenant not to compete claim.
- Won Summary Judgment in federal court and on appeal in professional negligence claim for major national law firm.
- Defeated Class Certification at trial court and on appeal in Consumer Claim against large insurance company.
- Won jury verdict and on appeal of fraud and deceptive trade practices claims on behalf of major developer.
- Co-counsel with national firm in defense of employment related claims against telecommunications industry.
- Co-counsel with national firm in defense of product liability claims against major pharmaceutical company.
- Co-counsel with major national firm in federal class action against health insurance industry.
Professional and Community Involvement
- Adjunct Professor – University of Miami School of Law
- Member, Board of Directors, First Tee Miami-Dade Amateur Golf Association
- Member, Jimmy Ryce Center Advisory Board
- Former Member, Metro-Dade Police Citizens Advisory Board
- Former Member, Florida Highway Safety Board
- Former Chairman, Friends for the University of Miami Sylvester Comprehensive Cancer Center
- Chaired and served on many Florida Bar Continuing Legal Education programs
- Engaged by major law firms and lawyers to mediate, arbitrate, or serve as expert witness in complex matters and fee disputes.
Awards and Recognition
- Voted for more than a decade one of “Florida’s Top Lawyers”- Florida Legal Guide
Articles and Presentations
- Authored and co-authored lectured on commercial and business litigation topics.
- Authored and co-authored chapters in several texts on civil remedies and employment discrimination.
- Born in Syracuse, NY (raised in Wisconsin)
- Resident of South Florida since 1971
- Enjoys fishing, golf and tennis